"tempus fugit, baby.....

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


"...oh, the cruelty of the passport [driver's license] renewal [ or at my age, any picture of me taken before the age of 40]. The last time they took your...picture, back in the day, you were okay-looking, even in that ghoulish post office fluorescence. You didn't think you looked okay at the time, but it turns out that you were incorrect. you should have appreciated what you had, the medium-attractive looks you had. Standard rather than "interesting," but, you know, so what."
jenny allen, "Lost and Found," In the Fullness of Time: 32 Women on Life After 50.



4 comments:

Lois said...

Tempus fugit for sure! And how can any photo top the one of you and the corn? (Except the one of you holding the bouquet)

chris said...

you mean for beauty?

Mary said...

I think that first picture of you is gorgeous. When was it taken?

Heather said...

Mary looks just like the young you. The picture of her holding Elaine could have been a picture of you holding me. Next time we see each other let's take a picture of you holding me. But you have to look at me adoringly, as if I were a perfect newborn babe instead of a fat mother of 5. I promise I'll look adoringly back. It won't be hard, because I adore you.

Post a Comment