just in case you didn't know.....

Saturday, October 30, 2010


before and after



i am 60, going on 70, i've grow up! just like a lump.
the floor makes me trip, i land on my hip,
i've fallen! i can't get up!

i am 60 going on 70, once i was sweet and young,
now wrinkles and sags and crow's feet and bags:
what once was tight's now sprung.

totally unprepared am i for my man to retire.
bear him at home all day? can i?
just light my funeral pyre.

i need someone younger and stronger
taking me to the loo,
he is 60 going on 70, who'll take care of who?

a-one more time:

oh, i have eight cats, i crochet hats,
it's what you're supposed to do,
when you're 60 going on 70,
watch out! it's coming for you!

2 comments:

Christy said...

As I sang this aloud with all the enthusiasm it deserved, Sylvie danced around appropriately and then stared at me funny as I burst out laughing at the end. That was amazing.

chris said...

thanks! enjoy this time when it's just a song.

Post a Comment