retraction

Wednesday, June 15, 2011


okay, okay, even rush is only right 98.7%. i will admit that i mostly was looking at the "mormonism" seminars from a very limited point of view, and so, um, well, basically my opinion was ignorant. i believed, because i ran up against rude seminary students there, that they were all rude, and just because i didn't get any good out of it (which could have been for any number of reasons), that no one got anything positive out of it.

i got a response to my rant from a dear friend who was the brains, heart and soul behind the seminars, which i wanted to put here (with her permission). i have to say that anything she says about it comes from the hundreds and hundreds of hours she invested, blood sweat and tears, and a much clearer eye, directed by love and the Holy Ghost.

heeeeere's amanda:

And...here's a real correction: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The seminar actually lasted 14 years, and there were many Baptist visitors who were respectful even while disagreeing. There were always 5 or 6 who I could feel the Spirit working with as they listened. Both Rita and I were approached by an attender who wanted to talk with us personally and positively about the event. I also helped one man getting his doctorate by contacting former Baptists to take a quesionnaire about why they left the Baptist Church. And then, there was Dr. Braswell, who wrote a book and included the most positive chapter one in his position has ever written about the good things he saw in us as members of the LDS Church--in addition to all the" false doctrine" we believe, I'm sure. I didn't read it. Most importantly, I've never felt the Spirit more strongly than I did during each one of these events. (I think there was one that I didn't feel as good about. Maybe that was the one you attended.)

(murmur murmur maybe she didn't feel good about it BECAUSE i attended.) never mind. i so hate to be corrected when i need it. i don't mind so much when i DON'T need it. how about you???

okay, i feel better now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment