here come BLUEBERRIES!!!!!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010


i realize that not everyone divides their year into seasons according to their favorite fruits, but don't worry, i am here to help you.

first comes strawberries. i have a goal every year to get tired of strawberries. darn, i failed again, although we ate them until the tiny seeds were so constantly stuck in my teeth that when i finally got them all out, my teeth felt loose.

next is blueberries. they stain your teeth and tongue blue, it's too hot to pick fruit when they are in season, and chiggers seem to have a symbiotic relationship with them (that relationship is that humans feed on the blueberries and then the chiggers feed on the humans), but you've GOT to eat blueberries. don't ask me why, i don't makes the rules!

blackberries are next. i have a theory that the larger they are, the worse they taste.

peaches follow blackberries, which i don't try to grow, but acquire somewhere and eat until i am bathed in juice and need a pumice stone to get the sticky off.

miscellaneous: watermelons are good now. local cantaloupes will be ready in july. corn (or "carn" if you're from utah) is starting to be good now in the store. local is usually good in time for the fourth of july.

if anyone has any questions about fruit and when to eat it and how much to love it, just give me a

call. (for those in UT, luv ya, 'preshiate cha.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Blueberries sound wonderful. When should we pick some?

Heather said...

I don't like to eat blueberries, but I put them in smoothies. And I do believe I heard more "carn" in the south than I do in Utah. I'm jealous that you have things growing - forget planting, we haven't even finished rototilling because it keeps raining. Cold and rainy Thursday, yesterday and today. I like this weather.....but I wonder if anyone has told the atmosphere over Utah that it's almost halfway through JUNE. Darn global warming.

Post a Comment