review: my mother's day talk

Monday, May 10, 2010


well, my mother's day talk played yesterday to mixed reviews. many women came up to me and said the equivalent of "right on." this made me happy and made me feel like eliza r. snow. i worried a little when the bishop stood up after the meeting, turned left (away from me) and went immediately down into the congregation. he generally comes down the row the other way and shakes hands with everyone who spoke in the meeting. he also avoided me all through the three-hour block, including twice when he passed me face-to-face in the hall.

after church, a friend came up and said, "my sons and i enjoyed your talk SO MUCH. especially the part where you made the bishop squirm." that stopped me in my tracks. i asked her when that was, and she said, "you know, the part where you said, EVERYONE wrecks their kids! our parents wrecked us, and we wreck our kids. it's a family tradition!" i said......"i didn't say that.....did i?" she just laughed.

so there it is. eliza r. snow or howard stern?

i can say that i already have my apology to the ward planned, in case it should be needed.

1 comments:

Alice said...

somewhere in the middle .... if there is such a crazy thing

Post a Comment