let's get this straight

Monday, March 1, 2010

i am NOT tiny. not by anyone's standards. in fact, if you were here and saw me walking through walmart, you would think, "now there is a woman who is definitely moderately chubby." and although i dance daily sitting in the car or with my partner the vacuum cleaner, it makes my knees and ankles cry.

BUT my heart balances and twists with the winter chickadee on a blade of ochre grass; it turns up daintily with the butterfly as she sips her lunch; and it leaps with the kitten after the bare branch of hanging jasmine on my porch. i'm not tiny, but don't say i don't dance.


1 comments:

Mary said...

I think, if when people see you they think about your size at all, which is doubtful, that they then think, "There is a woman who is an appropriate size for her age."

And while I believe you if you say that you dance daily in the car, there's no way I'm going to believe you dance daily with the vacuum.

But I love you.

Post a Comment