not necessarily in this order

Friday, March 12, 2010


sherlock holmes once said that a rose is the perfect evidence of God's goodness: it isn't necessary for roses to exist on earth; the world would keep spinning, the seasons would pass, humans would survive. maybe it would throw off the eternal balance for aphids, i don't know (and mr. holmes didn't address it); but the rose is the running over, the excess, of His goodness.

here's my list (starting with roses): dirt, delicious vegetables and animals, my heart that beats, my eyes that see, people i love, cats, daffodils, truth that warms up my heart, color, ice cubes, ducks, pregnancy, snakes, hot showers, babies and children no matter who they belong to, dangling participles, my own babies and children and grandchildren, getting dirty, bees, work to do, jokes, rain, laundry, puns, the smell of bread, friends, (and the smell of friends).

actually, many of those things ARE necessary, and my list is obviously a partial list. Nevertheless, His goodness surrounds me everywhere. i just thought you might like to know that. leave me a comment with #1-5 on YOUR list.


4 comments:

Mary said...

1. Beautiful colors
2. Piano music
3. Christian's eyelashes
4. Chocolate
5. The invention of fireworks

chris said...

thanks, good list. did you mean invention of fireworks by the chinese, or....never mind.

Mary said...

Yes, I mean the actual invention of real fireworks. Fireworks are one of my most favorite things, which is why Independence Day is my favorite holiday after my birthday.

Alice said...

All I'm going to say is that "pregnancy" is not on my list at all right now.
I also love hot showers ... and you're fudge ... and Cape Cod potato chips.

Post a Comment