wise thought

Thursday, March 18, 2010



gordon b. hinckley said, "you can never get enough of what you don't need."

i have been thinking and thinking about that this week. when i have a hole in my heart that only love from another person can fill, no amount of anything else (like chocolate chip cookie dough) can fill that hole. i can shovel it in all day, and it makes no dent.

often what i really need is God. one tiny whisp of His spirit is enough, but no amount of TV will fill me; and will, in fact, take me farther and father away from having my need filled.

if i need the self-respect that comes from accomplishing my goals, i will awaken from my two hour nap frustrated, unfulfilled and empty.


3 comments:

Mary said...

Is it blasphemous to say that Gordon B. Hinckley is my favorite prophet?

Also, does this mean that I don't need to keep buying clothes all the time?

chris said...

i know you are being funny, but here's a real answer: it depends on what you give up for them, and if they really satisfy what you are really wanting.

chris said...

no, it's not blasphemous.

Post a Comment